Insights from Your Professional Landscaping & Tree Care Experts
Homes that come with yards have a personality of their own. There’s just something about the green lawns, pretty shrubs and colorful flowers that make your home’s outdoor space charming and relaxing. A well landscaped yard not only establishes your home’s unique identity in the neighborhood, but also increases curb appeal and resale value of your property. In fact, you may be surprised by the number of other advantages that come with a beautifully manicured and maintained yard.
Landscape Your Yard for Social, Environmental and Health Benefits
From the plants you select and trees you prune to the water feature you add or the deck you build, every aspect of your yard contributes to its overall look and appeal. Not only is it a reflection of the love and care that you put into maintaining your outdoor space, but it also presents these unique advantages:
- Environmental Benefits: A well maintained yard helps protect the environment in several different ways.
- A retaining wall can prevent soil erosion into the nearby water bodies.
- Proper drainage can reduce storm water runoff, thereby reducing local flooding.
- Many varieties of plants and trees help to provide a sustainable environment for the birds, bees and other wildlife.
- The overall shrubbery and mature trees in your yard contribute to a cleaner, greener environment. Moreover, tall trees on the south or west sides of your property provide ample shade on hot days and have the potential to lower your attic temperatures by almost 40 degrees.
- Your simple, green, grassy lawn leads to cooler temperatures around your home, resulting in lower air conditioning usage.
- Social Benefits: The right combination of shrubbery, paver blocks, lawn, deck and patio furniture can transform your backyard into a beautiful oasis. Moreover, you can shape your yard into the kind of space that works best for your needs and lifestyle. To complement the green spaces, you could consider building a fire pit, create a walking path of flagstones, put in fresh sod for a flat, even surface, and try novel ideas that enhance the look of your outdoor space. Your nicely landscaped yard will serve as the perfect location to entertain friends and family, or simply unwind, rejuvenate and spend quality time with your loved ones.
- Health Benefits: If you have a well-maintained yard, chances are that your family will spend longer hours outdoors. A clean yard will offer your elderly family members a place to walk, workout or relax, and encourage young ones to play or practice their games in a healthy, open space. Taking care of the yard on a regular basis will sort of compel you to lead an active lifestyle. Moreover, the greenery will promote overall health and wellness by enabling cleaner air, reducing noise and air pollution and helping you to de-stress.
Transform Your Outdoor Space with a Professional Landscaping Company
To create and maintain a beautiful yard, you need to take into consideration the overall landscape, soil and water conditions, your family’s needs and lifestyle and other environmental aspects. Even in areas that experience drought-like conditions or water restrictions, it is possible to maintain lawns and landscapes through smart, sustainable practices that reduce water usage but still provide all the social and environmental advantages. Transform your home’s environs into a spectacular, landscaped oasis with the help of Sabia Landscaping & Tree Services Inc. Our landscape design and installation teams have the necessary skills and experience. We serve residents in and around Philadelphia, Bucks and Montgomery County and can help you achieve the landscape of your dreams.
Call us at (215) 822-3886 today or contact us using our online form and we will be in touch with you soon.