Common Spring Flowers in the Northeast Region
Your Helpful Guide to Spring Flowers
Apart from the occasional harsh winter storm, the Northeast region of the United States has nice weather. This type of climate is especially agreeable for a variety of beautiful flowers. However, with so many choices available, it can be hard to know what type of bulbs or flowers are best for planting before spring arrives. With the warmer weather quickly approaching, it’s time to start planning how to bring back life and color to your garden.
5 Flowers You Can Expect to See this Spring
After a long winter, flowers in bloom are typically the first sign of the brighter days ahead. Spring flowers come in a wide array of vibrant colors and are generally known for their pleasing fragrances. Since there are so many varieties of spring flowers available, here is a helpful guide on some of the most common ones you can expect to see in the Northeast region at this time of year:
- Crocuses: If you want to make your garden look beautiful come spring without the hassle, then crocuses are the flower for you. These flowers are usually the first to bloom when the weather gets warmer and come in a variety of colours including yellow, mauve, lilac and more. While they range in size, they are often much smaller and lower to the ground than your average flower.
- Pansies: The pansy is one of the most popular annuals in the Northeast region. These flowers are extremely easy to grow and maintain as they are incredibly adaptable and also offer one of the most vibrant colour ranges. Pansies are perfect in window boxes and thrive in colder temperatures.
- Daffodils: If you are looking for something classic, daffodils are the way to go. For years, these perennial flowers have built a reputation for being a staple in spring gardens. They are able to tolerate very damp conditions with colors typically ranging in white or yellow.
- Geraniums: Geraniums are the perfect flower for your North-eastern garden. They are able to withstand strong winds and rain and even have an aversion to high temperatures which make them extremely suitable for this region.
- Winter Aconite: Despite what the name suggests, these winter aconites bloom in spring and are the perfect flower for attracting beneficial pollinating insects like bees, to your garden. These golden yellow flowers are easy to grow and maintain and the bulbs can either be planted under the shade of trees or scattered throughout the grass.
Design the Landscape of Your Dreams with Sabia Landscaping
Are you inspired to try planting something new in your garden this year? If you have a vision in mind for your outdoor living space but don’t quite know how to get there, Sabia Landscaping is here to help. We have extensive experience in providing our clients with high-quality landscaping design services that can be tailored to meet the needs of both new and established properties. In addition, we also provide seasonal transition services as well as weekly lawn and garden maintenance to ensure your property always remains beautiful and well-cared for, no matter what.
Contact our team today to schedule your landscape design consultation. Call us at (215) 822-3886 or contact us online.