Consider Flowering Shrubs for A Pop of Color
Flowering Shrubs Offer Year-Round Appeal
There are many different types of flowering shrubs. When choosing which kind to add to your yard; consider shrubs that work for each season. Not only are they low-maintenance, but you can go all year (even through winter) without a lapse in color!
Here is a list of flowering shrubs categorized by winter, spring, summer, and fall.
- Winter: Oakleaf Hydrangea, Pieris, Winter Heath
- Spring: Forsythia, Fothergilla, Azalea
- Summer: English Lavender, Lilac, French Hydrangea
- Fall: Abelia, Pineapple Guava, Bluebeard
Thinking About the Best Place for Your New Flowering Shrubs?
Know Your Options
If you have a smaller yard, flowering shrubs work great for an organized appearance. If you have a larger yard or acreage, they can be used to create focal points by adding eye-catching pops of color. Their wide array of colors from white to purple to deep red gives you the flexibility to select what works for each space and each region. Think beyond roses! While they are beautiful and popular, it’s important to note just how many options flowering shrubs truly offer.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for your new flowering shrubs.
- Area: What is your goal? Do you want to add to your garden? Do you wish to use them as a perimeter of sorts along your property?
- Sunlight: Before choosing, it’s important to research which type of flowering shrubs thrive on sunlight. Some types do better in the shade, so you will need to plant accordingly.
- Maintenance: While flowering shrubs require less maintenance, it’s important to consider how much work you’re willing to put into them before selecting. Some grow taller and wider, and you will need to give them adequate space to grow and thrive.
If you are just starting out with flowering shrubs, it might be a good idea to start with one type for the upcoming season and go from there. It can be exciting to add color to your home’s exterior, but it can also become overwhelming if you are unprepared.
Are You Ready to Start Shopping for Flowering Shrubs?
We are ready to help you plan and go home feeling confident in your selections. It’s our ultimate goal to help make our customers and nearby residents create a space they love and enjoy no matter what time of year it is.
For seasonal lawn and garden services, including assistance with choosing, purchasing, and planting flowering shrubs, reach out to your professional landscape management company. Call Sabia Landscaping and Tree Services Inc. at (215) 822-3886 or contact us online to discuss your requirements.