Create a Living Fence for the Privacy of Your Property
Select the Ideal Trees and Shrubs for Your Landscape
After a long, hectic day, you may be thinking about spending time in your yard, sipping on a beverage, relaxing in the hot tub, or simply grilling and chilling with the family. However, just when you are craving some quiet time and no interruptions, a noisy or nosy neighbor may put a damper on your plans. It is also possible that you find certain aspects of the neighboring property to be an eyesore. One of the easiest ways to create a barrier and maintain privacy between you and your neighbors is to install a living fence with trees and shrubs. A beautiful, green border that adorns your landscape, offering the visual separation, as well as the exclusivity that you desire in your personal space.
Best Trees and Shrubs for a Private Yard
Here are some of the trees and shrubs that you can consider for your Pennsylvanian yards that primarily include planting zones 5a, f5, 6a, 6b, and 7a. Check out trees, such as:
- Eastern red cedar: Sun loving and heat resistant
- Spruce: Grows tall, cuts the noise
- White Oak: Grows slow, offers striking colors in the fall
- Pine: Any pine variety is good for privacy and noise reduction
- Silver or Red Maple: Fast growing shade trees, they offer fascinating fall foliage
- Evergreen Magnolias or American Holly: Ornamental trees for year-round beauty
You can also consider shrubs, such as:
- Viburnum: Colorful all-season shrubs
- Juniper: Fast-growing, drought-resistant and evergreen
- Dogwoods: A hardy shrub with blooms
- Yew: Makes for a good hedge and lends itself well to pruning and topiary
- Privet: Fast growing, glossy leaves, works great as a hedge
- Holly: Timeless and low maintenance, year-round shiny leaves and red berries
Besides shielding your property from intruders or over-enthusiastic neighbors, living barriers created with trees or shrubs will:
- Add a scenic backdrop that enhances the beauty of your yard
- Offer shade and mute loud sounds (A USDA research study shows that well-planned living fences can reduce urban sounds in a noisy yard, by as much as 50%)
- Protect your property from heavy winds
In addition, green barriers are relatively low-maintenance compared to traditional fences.
For Lush, Landscaped Yards, Count on Sabia Landscaping & Tree Services Inc.
The experts at Sabia Landscaping & Tree Services Inc. have decades of experience in designing and installing the landscape of your dreams. Whether you want to enhance your existing landscape or create a new one, we help you with attractive, affordable and functional landscaping ideas. From the weather, soil type and environmental factors, to irrigation requirements and your maintenance preferences, we take into account several aspects while selecting the trees and plants for your landscaped privacy barrier. We have successfully created lush landscapes for several properties in and around Philadelphia, Bucks and Montgomery County.
Transform the look of your yard and create a healthy, all-seasons barricade. Choose Sabia Landscaping & Tree Services Inc. for all your landscaping and hardscaping requirements. Call us at (215) 822-3886 or contact us online.