Gas vs. Wood Fire Pits – Which One is Right for You?
How to Transform Your Backyard with an Outdoor Fire Pit
Fire pits can make a beautiful addition to your home’s backyard. Whether you are considering a fire pit for everyday use with the family or a special centerpiece for fancy occasions, this feature has the power to enhance the ambience and experience for everyone. Before choosing a fire pit for your outdoor living space, there are a few considerations to keep in mind. For instance, should you install a wood burning or gas burning fire pit? To help you weigh your options and make an informed decision, contact the professionals at Sabia Landscaping & Tree Service today.
The Pros and Cons of Gas vs. Wood Burning Fire Pits
Selecting the right fuelling option for your fire pit is a crucial decision. First, you should establish the purpose of this outdoor feature and whether you value aesthetics over convenience.
Here are a few pros and cons of gas and wood fire pits to help you find the perfect addition for your home:
Gas Burning Fire Pit
- Fast and efficient start-up and cut-off
- Clean burning and environmentally friendly
- Safe and easy to operate
- No blowing of smoke or odors left by burning wood
- Choose from several options
- More expensive
- Longer installation time
- Increased risk to persons and property due to gas lines
- Fires are not as intense and put out less heat
Wood Burning Fire Pits
- Bigger fires that provide more heat
- Offers a warmer setting
- Easy to operate
- May be used for cooking or grilling
- Simple and efficient installation
- More affordable options
- Involves more effort to gather wood, start fires and keep them burning
- Requires regular clean-up
- Blowing smoke may cause discomfort and wood smells will stick to clothing
- Must be actively monitored
- You need an area to store wood
- Storing wood could attract unwanted pests and animals onto your property
Update Your Outdoor Living Space with a Hardscape Design from Sabia Landscape & Tree Service
There’s nothing better than gathering around a warm, roaring fire with your family and friends. If you need advice or don’t know what type of fire pit you want to incorporate, we are here to help. In addition to fire pit installation, we also offer a number of other hardscape services that can be seamlessly tailored to suit your style and budget.
See how the team of hardscape and landscape pros can help you transform your backyard. Call us at (215) 822-3886 or contact us online.