You enjoy your lawn all through the warmer months. Kids playing in the yard, friends and family gathering for barbecues and cookouts, dogs catching frisbees and hoping to catch the occasional squirrel! All this and more is what your lawn endures throughout spring and summer. As the ground temperatures start cooling and the foot traffic continues, soil compaction occurs. Air and water cannot reach the roots and your grass begins to suffocate. The term ‘aeration’ is exactly what it says – aerating the soil so it can ‘breathe’ again.
Why Your Lawn Needs Aeration
With professional aeration services by Sabia Landscaping & Tree Service, your lawn gets little pathways for the essential nutrients to penetrate deep through the soil and reach the roots. We offer this as part of our annual lawn maintenance program. Even if you didn’t sign up for it, but are planning to administer any lawn care treatments, call our team to make sure your lawn is aerated. You would be wasting money and effort if the treatments you provide are not able to reach the grass roots.
Benefits of Lawn Aeration
- Facilitates easy movement of air, water and nutrients to the roots
- Helps to speed up decomposition of thatch
- Loosens up and revives compacted soil by improving drainage
- Can help to minimize crabgrass
- Provides grass with a stimulus for new growth
- Allows your over seeding efforts to deliver the desired results
- Ensures that the ground is ready for fertilizers and weed / insect control products to be effective
- Organic matter can drive deep into the soil
- Makes your lawn more tolerant against the elements
How is Lawn Aeration Done?
Our team uses a machine that has cylinder-like spoons that penetrate the soil. As we go over your lawn with this machine, it pulls out small plugs of thatch and soil. These will remain on the lawn and won’t do any damage. As the ‘spoons’ plunge into the compacted soil, they open it up. Your grass can now breathe and enjoy healthy roots that run deep.
For fall cleanups, aeration and other lawn care services, call Sabia Landscaping & Tree Service at (215) 822-3886. You can also contact us using our online form and we will be in touch with you soon.