Proper Grading: A Must before Landscaping or Hardscaping
Professional Landscapers Explain the Importance of Grading Your Property
Did you know that a properly leveled land, with correctly graded slopes can hugely enhance the life and efficiency of your property? If your yard surface is completely flat, or sloping towards your home, there is a good chance that the accumulating rain water will eventually seep inwards despite a strong, watertight concrete foundation. This can compromise the building materials and structure, leading to extensive water damage inside, as well as outside your home.
Having proper grading around your property means maintaining a minimum five degree slope away from your home. This will prevent water pooling and keep your foundation intact. Resolving the existing leveling problems will not only help in addressing drainage issues, but also impact the aesthetic appeal of your yard. It will strengthen various landscaping elements, such as decks, patios, or retaining walls.
Grading Your Property Will Stretch Your Dollar during Yard Redesign
Whether you are landscaping your yard for the first time, or simply adding a few new features, correcting the existing grading problems will help in stretching your dollar, and creating robust, sustainable solutions. Good grading benefits several other aspects of landscaping:
- Growth of Sod or Grass: In addition to smoothing unsightly bumps and lumps in your yard, grading the lawn surface will loosen the soil, which helps the sod or grass seeds to form roots easily.
- Sustainable Driveways, Patios and Decks: A poorly sloped landscape will cause puddles, which, over time, will damage your patio, deck, pathways and driveways. A professional grading specialist will:
- Identify the root cause of water pooling
- Locate the utility and sewer lines
- Determine the correct slope requirements
- Alter the ground level suitably
- Efficient Drainage: The last thing you want in your property is any kind of water damage to the inside or outside of your home. Proper grading will protect your land and building from water or moisture-related problems. In addition to leveling the land to slope away from your home, you can also build retention ponds, or control the water drain via retaining walls/embankments.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Want to lend a dramatic effect to your property by creating slopes, stairs and lush foliage-lined terraces? A tastefully-designed yard will add to the value of your home, especially if you are looking to attract potential buyers in the future. Achieve an aesthetically-pleasing yard with proper slopes by hiring a professional landscaper.
Professional Grading, Drainage and Landscaping Services in Philadelphia
Grading and leveling your yard is no easy task. In a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) approach, you will not only need to purchase or hire additional tools, but also invest a substantial amount of your time and effort in completing the entire project. Instead, why not count on the services of the professionals at Sabia Landscaping & Tree Services Inc. We have been catering to the landscaping, hardscaping, and irrigation and drainage requirements of thousands of properties, in and around Philadelphia, Bucks and Montgomery County. Our friendly and experienced team specializes in proper grading and leveling of the landscape to address drainage or water pooling issues within your property.
For professional grading and landscaping services, rely on the experts at Sabia Landscaping & Tree Services Inc. Call us at (215) 822-3886 or contact us online and we will get in touch with you soon.