The Importance of a Lawn Care Plan
Why You Need to Take Care of Your Lawn All Year-Round
In the middle of winter, it can be easy to forget about your lawn and garden, especially when it gets covered up by a layer of snow. However, maintaining a lawn that is the envy of all your neighbours is a year-round job. While it may sound daunting at first, achieving a well-manicured lawn is absolutely possible with minimal effort, as long as you plan ahead. If you want to keep your lawn healthy and in tip-top shape throughout the year, it’s important to have a lawn care plan in place which will help ensure that it always looks its very best.
Simple Steps to a Healthier Lawn
Taking care of your lawn is not as big a task as it may initially appear. By following our simple guide, you can be well on your way to having a lush and vibrant looking lawn, just in time for the warm weather months. Read on to learn why it is important to have a lawn care plan and the easy steps you can take towards having a great looking lawn:
- Add Fertilizer: During the winter months, it is best to stay off your lawn as much as possible since walking over frost can lead to long-term damage and expose your lawn to disease. Once spring rolls around, you can begin the process of fertilization. To give your lawn the best chance, fertilize it once or twice at the start of spring and once more in the fall. You may find it easier to divide your lawn into sections and fertilize one section each week until your entire lawn is covered.
- Water Generously: Most lawns require one inch of watering each week. However, this is dependent on the weather but as a general rule, it is better for your lawn to receive a generous watering every week, rather than every day. Letting the water soak through your lawn will also help promote a healthier root system.
- Mowing Your Lawn: If you want to maintain your lawn’s lush appearance, it is important to mow no more than one-third of your grass blades. Additionally, you should always keep the grass at the recommended height for your specific grass type. Typically, mowing frequency will vary according to the season but the spring season usually only requires you to mow your lawn bi-weekly, while your lawn should be mowed weekly during the summer and fall months. Don’t forget to use an edge trimmer to tidy up the edges of your lawn after you mow it. It’s the perfect finishing touch!
- Eliminate Weeds: Following the steps above is an effective solution against most weed problems. In addition, you may choose to apply a herbicide to your lawn in the early spring and spot treat as necessary throughout the summer months to ensure your lawn remains weed-free.
- Repair any Damage: After enjoying your lawn for months on end, it is bound to experience some wear and tear. The fall is the perfect time to seed any bare patches so that it can regenerate in time for the following spring. Taking preventative measures is also an effective way to ensure your lawn remains healthy throughout the year. For instance, rake up any fallen leaves as they can damage your lawn if left behind over the winter.
Find Quality and Affordable Lawn Care Services at Sabia Landscaping
At Sabia Landscaping, we take pride in your lawn and garden as if they were our own. From the beginning, our goal has always been to provide our clients with expert advice and high-quality care. If a perfect lawn is what you’re after, we can provide full lawn care services beginning in the spring, through to the fall. Depending on your requirements, these services may include things like weekly mowing and lawn treatments, to renovations, and more.
We understand that no two lawns are the same. That’s why our trained and experienced staff can recommend a fertilization schedule that is tailored to your lawn’s specific needs based on our professional assessment. Once your lawn starts to grow, you’ll need to begin mowing it. Fortunately, if you view this as a chore, we also provide weekly lawn mowing services for both residential and commercial properties so you can go back to focusing on the things that are most important to you.
Contact our team today to schedule your lawn care maintenance. Call us at (215) 822-3886 or contact us online.